Monday, September 11, 2023

Halloween

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I was never much for Halloween, but it's Jack's favorite holiday (I think mostly
because he gets lots of candy).  Needless to say, his excitement is contagious and we're
already talking about it.

 

The Color Hues colors were perfect for this new witch's hat die that found it's way
to me.  I was a bit disappointed the it's all on one die.  I had in mind to cut the extra
strip of the hat and the ribbon on the brim in a different color.

It was simple enough to cut the whole thing from two different sheets of glitter paper,
It works well for my Halloween stash, but sadly that won't work for a class.

It did give me a twofer though.  One scary one and another more generic.

 

Challenges:
Color Hues #71 - Tangerine & Violet
Two Old Bats Halloween - Anything Halloween
NBUS #54 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Witch's Hat)




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Hocus Pocus (Whippersnapper)
Ink:   Encore Gold
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Black, Tangerine Tango, Black Glitter (SU), Purple Glitter (MB)
Other:  Spider Web EF (ret SU), Vine Canopy EF (SSS), Large Witch Hat (MB), Jack-o lantern Die (HA), Dangling Spider Die (ret MB), Gold EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Both darling, Bonnie and you've solved the issue perfectly. Neither is TOO spooky - except I saw a spider about this big in my walk-in pantry yesterday... you just have to know that by the time I found something long enough to squish him, he was nowhere to be found. Guess who's NOT walking in there anytime soon?
Jack's my kinda kid! Think he'd come hunt down that spider?
=]

Brenda in IN said...

Two fun Halloween cards and I love the sparkly paper. It is starting to be spider weather here. When it starts getting chilly they start finding a way in. Not my favorite to share the house with.

Bobby said...

That sparkly hat fits perfectly on your pumpkins, Bonnie. Love the embossed backgrounds and the little spiders to go with them.

Karen said...

I love that sparkly hat, and both your cards are delightful--not too spooky either! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

jimlynn said...

Halloween isn't my favorite either but seeing these cute cards it could become a fav! Both are so pretty and fun and I love all the glitter. Cute cards!
Lynn

Loll said...

What fun cards. I love that the pumpkin is hearing the hat. The colours are awesome together. Jack is going to love these cards, Bonnie! xx

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous images and cards.

LeAnne said...

I love pumpkins and I love Halloween (only the non-scary stuff) and I love this! What an awesome set of cards, very clever! That big sparkly hat is awesome!

Nancy said...

One more thing we have in common, I am not a huge Halloween fan but I do decorate a bit on the inside of my house. It can't be anything scary at all, it has to be cute. Speaking of cute, these cards are that for sure. I love that you made two and I really like that you put the greeting on the pumpkin itself. Both are creative. Thanks for playing along with Color Hues and I get Halloween will be a lot more fun when and if I have a GC someday.

Pat said...

What a fun Halloween card Bonnie and I love the pumpkin with the witches hat over it, and the black spider, and the strips of glitter card in the black and purple complement it perfectly...love the spider's web embossing folder too. x

Lisa Elton said...

OH, these are fun! That hat is super cool and the perfect fit for the pumpkins. I think Jack will approve!

Marcia Hill said...

I think you solved the issue with the one piece die perfectly Bonnie and now you have 2 cards done...YAY!! AND you used the challenge colors perfectly on both cards too...it's a win win! So glad you shared with us at the Color Hues Color Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

Julie B said...

I'm not a fan of Halloween either Bonnie but as others have said these two fab cards are low key! :) I really struggle when making such cards and have to go down the cute route! Thanks for being inspired by the colours at Color Hues. :)

Sandy said...

Cute and so much fun - I love the Halloween colors and I do believe that Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year.
Sandy xx

Fran Wing said...

WOW, Bonnie, love that you used glitter paper for your dies! And using your leftovers is a great way to get 'double your toil and trouble'! This is a great Halloween card and I'm glad to see you here at Two Old Bats. BTW, I'm with Jack!
Xoxo, Fran/DT

Brenda said...

I have always loved Halloween, not sure if it is the colors, the projects or just October, but it's always been so fun to me. I love both of your cards Bonnie! The witch's hat is pretty cool looking, love both of the pumpkins and of course you can't have a witch's hat without a spider! Love these both and love the web embossing. I'm with Jack and I think (besides Christmas/Easter) Halloween is my other most favorite holiday. Hugs, Brenda PS, I don't think the Jack-o-lantern is scary at all, he is rather cute to me. LOL

Trina P. said...

FaBOOlous twofers. Love that witch hat!