Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Hummingbirds are Back

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I've got a couple more hummingbird cards to share.


I used the same lattice card design as the previous hummer, this time adding some
different flowers.

First up are flowers from the Sealed Collection.


For this card I die cut 2 lily blooms shaped one and added on top with dimensional.
I added a leafy branch and another wildflower.

We've been watching a pair of hummingbirds coming to feast on our lantana.
They aren't this bright, but so tiny and sweet.

Challenges:
Simon Says Monday - Take Flight
Tic Tac Toe #225-  Diagonal row Ink Blending, Die Cuts, Leaves


 




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   SSS Pawsitively Saturated Ink Cubes (Greens), Primrose Petals, Real Red (SU)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other: Delicate Florals Hummingbirds (Spl), Sealed Wildflowers (Spl), Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Drops, Vine Canopy 3D EF (SSS)

 Card Recipe ( card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:  SSS Pawsitively Saturated Ink Cubes (Greens), Primrose Petals, Real Red (SU)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other: Delicate Florals Hummingbirds (Spl),Privet Branch Die (SSS), Wildflower Stems #2 die (TH)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning cards.

I Card Everyone said...

Your little Hummingbirds are really wonderful - as are the 'treats' you've provided for their visits!
Bonnie, your fence rails are so fun!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie and I am head over heals in love with the colors of both the hummers and the flowers...so deep and vibrant! We have had so many hummers at our feeder this Summer...more than I can ever remember having before and they are such a joy to watch! I have a feeling they won't be sticking around much longer though...got into the 40's during the night and that's pretty chilly for those little guys! Hugs. :0)

jimlynn said...

Beautiful hummingbirds and gorgeous cards! Love the background and all the flowers too.
Lynn

Bobby said...

Must be all my hummingbirds were at Marcia's because I only had one come a few times and then never again. I love the colors you chose for both the birds and the flowers, Bonnie, and I have yet to try that lattice. Beautiful cards, my friend.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pair of hummingbird cards, Bonnie - love the fences and flowers too!!

Sandy said...

You are a fountain of creative ideas!!!! It really is entertaining just following your blog.
Probably won't be commenting too much Bonnie - we will be moving the last of November or the first part of December. My craft room is the biggest challenge. I have more craft supplies than I have clothes!!!
Sorry we won't be moving to Carey -- you are way out of my league!
If I had to vote for which of your two hummingbird cards I liked best -- well I would just refusal to vote - both are amazing!
Sandy xx

Loll said...

Beautiful cards showcasing your amazing hummers, Bonnie. I LOVE the gorgeous colours of these. The red and green just pop off the white. Such a great design, my friend! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like these! Your hummers are bright and beautiful, Bonnie and you've given them the perfect flowers to visit. We had two males and two females this year. I didn't see any today, so I'm wondering if they've headed south. We'll sure miss their antics at the feeder. None of them like to share!

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, those humming birds are so beautiful. I just had to run to spellbinders and buy them - luckily they're on sale :)

Susan said...

Wonderful hummingbirds! Beautiful flowers! And great layouts.

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie - loving your use of the lattice card background - thank you for the inspiration
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

Two beautiful Hummers Bonnie, and love the different wonderfully coloured flowers and birds, and the embossed lattice designed backgrounds look great. x

HilaryJane said...

Your humming birds are just stunning and they look amazing on that textured white background xx

nancy littrell said...

Oh my, your hummingbirds, flowers and die cut background for your cards are stunning, Bonnie. Your hummingbirds are so beautifully colored...Thank you so much for sharing...Love and Hugs..Nancy

TK said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! Love the sweet hummers and bright colors, they are such a delight to watch, I only wish we had a few

Cat Craig said...

Love this style of card, and the texture you add to the "trellis".

JoAnn said...

Your hummingbird cards are beautiful as is your coloring on them. Love the pretty flowers on each card and the way you have displayed them.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Bonnie! Your coloring of the hummingbirds and flowers is fantastic, and I love the deep shades of green and red! Your layout of the element is wonderful and the backgrounds are unique and eye-catching! The pair of tiny hummingbirds visiting you must be as pretty as these!
Hideko xx

Brenda said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous Bonnie! I so love your hummingbird dies. The flower dies are gorgeous as well, they both work so well for these lattice or ladder cards, not sure what they are called, but they work so well with it! Yes, my hummers will soon be leaving and as always I will miss them. I love watching them feast on the sugar water in my feeders. When the feeders are empty, the hummers will look in the door wanting me to fill them again. They are so tiny, so sweet and so dang cute! Hugs, Brenda

Vicky Hayes said...

Both gorgeous in these beautiful colours Bonnie! Isn't it funny how certain combinations of red and green are all about Christmas but others just shout summer!! Vicky x

Trina P. said...

Both trellis cards are beautiful! Congratulations on being a team pick at TTTC! 👏

Heather said...

gorgeous birds and blooms and your lattice effect is very clever