Saturday, September 23, 2023

Red and Purple

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Color Hues is having a special challenge this time in honor of their friend Lindsey who
lost her battle with ovarian cancer last year.  Lindsey's favorite colors were red and purple
so they are colors Color Hues are calling for.


I used a NBUS leaf stamp from Altenew, stamped on hot press watercolor paper.  A damp
waterbrush smoothed out the color.  Then I lightly spritzed the stamp and stamped
again a little above and to the side of the original stamping.  The left over ink was
just enough to add a shadow.

The birdhouse was cut from a tiny piece of purple cardstock.  I inked the edges and circle
with matching ink to add some depth.

I added a foil leaf and some chunky embossing to tie in with the embossed sentiment.

You can see the shine better here...


I didn't know Lindsey but I wish I had.  
Her friends have so many nice things to say about her.

Challenges:
Color Hues #72 - Purple and Red
NBUS #54 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Leaves stamp)

 








Card Recipe
Stamps:  Leaf Clusters (Alt), Take Care (ret SU)
Ink:   Lumberjack Plaid (DOX), Gorgeous Grape (SU), Encore Gold
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches HP), Neenah Natural, Gorgeous Grape, Foil
Other:  Bitty Birdhouse Die (SSS), Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS), Chunky Metallic Seasonings EP (Stampendous), Gold EP, Leaf Die (?)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I love your little purple bird house - I'm imagining there is a sweet little Chickadee inside right now! Such a beautiful way to stamp those leaves!
=]

Bobby said...

I love how you double stamped the leaves, Bonnie. I would be scared I'd ruin it. Your purple birdhouse really stands out and is so cute.

Marcia Hill said...

Your double stamped leaves are SO pretty Bonnie and the purple birdhouse just really POPS! The gold leaf too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Always happy to see you in the Color Hues gallery!! Hugs. :0)

jimlynn said...

Beautiful color combination and I love your card! The purple birdhouse is so much fun.
Lynn

Loll said...

LOVE how you've used the colours from the challenge Bonnie!! Those leaves are gorgeous, especially with the second generation stamping which adds so much depth. Beautiful card, my friend. xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. xx

HilaryJane said...

So pretty, love the shadow effect from the double stamping and what splendid splatters xx

LeAnne said...

What a lovely way to use these colors together. I especially like your leaf stamping..I have never tried that technique, I doubt I could achieve the same effect you do, LOL!

Lisa Elton said...

What bird wouldn't want to live in that pretty little birdhouse dangling from those beautiful leaves!

Brenda said...

Wow Bonnie, this is just gorgeous! What a great tribute to Lindsey in using her favorite colors. These colors are actually stunning together and look amazing on your card scene. The little bit of gold just enhances these rich colors! Love this one! I didn't know Lindsey either, but she was in this card making community, then I know she had to be a sweetheart! Hugs, Brenda

Pat said...

I love the red leaves, great for the upcoming season and the purple birdhouse is soo pretty Bonnie, and finished with that lovely gold leaf and sentiment..a beautiful card. x

Karen said...

This is so lovely, Bonnie! The softness of the leaves are a wonderful background for that darling purple birdhouse--and that gold leaf is just the perfect embellishment! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

What a beautiful way to use these colors Bonnie! The leaves are spectacular and I love how you framed the pretty purple birdhouse with the stitched rectangle! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

kiwimeskreations said...

Once again Bonnie you have made a beautiful card, and have made the most of the colour challenge. Love your subtle frame in there as well.
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

Bonnie, You seem to have a knack for gorgeous stamped backgrounds and this one is just wonderful. Such a creative card for what I think is a hard color combo. Awesome job my friend! Thanks for playing along with our Special challenge at Color Hues.

Vicky Hayes said...

So pretty Bonnie and I love the added gold details. Red and purple is not a colour combination I would think to use and it always reminds me of Lindsey now. I didn't know her very well either but she always left lovely messages :) Vicky x

Susan said...

The red and purple look fabulous together - not a combination I've ever used!! Love the watercoloured look to the leaves and the touches of gold.

TK said...

Great use of the colors and double-stamping, it looks perfect.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful take on that color combo.

cm said...

Your purple birdhouse is so cute and that leaf/branch is lovely! A charming, inviting home for a little bird. Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
~carol

Brenda in IN said...

A delightful little birdhouse nestled among those lovely leaves. The gold leaf is so pretty and a wonderful card to honor Lindsey.

Trina P. said...

Oh this is adorable. How you’ve used the color hues duo is so unexpected and fun.