Friday, April 19, 2024

Pink and Yellow

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I recently found a box of flowers stickers deep in the cupboard.
In it were several different styles and sizes of daisies.

Pairing one (or two) up with a salted background in my stash, came
together for a card for the Color Hues challenge.


This is an A6 size and a bit larger than I usually make.  
I'm trying to use up some envelopes.

The salted background was made by wetting a piece of cold press 
watercolor paper and sprinkling Color Burst Powders over it.

When it was completely blended and still wet, I sprinkled some coarse salt
over top and let it dry.  When dry, I brushed the salt off and it left this fun design.

I stacked a smaller daisy over the top of a larger one for a little more depth.
I'm not sure if I'm crazy about it, but it's not coming apart.


Challenges:
Color Hues #85 (Yellow and Pink)





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Handwritten Notes (ret PTI)
Ink:   Versafine Smokey Gray
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Watercolor (Arches cold press)
Other:  Colorburst Powders (Razzle Berry, Lemon Drop), Coarse salt, Hemstitch Rectangle Die (Spl), Daisy Stickers (?)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

Nstiz said...

That is a spectacular background, Bonnie and good for you for using stuff from your stash! Your stash looks a lot better than mine does. Beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

I love that fuzzy little daisy center, Bonnie! I really have to try this salt technique one day!
=]

Karen said...

Your daisy looks great, and the background is fabulous! Like Michele, I need to give this a try. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

Your bg is so soft and the perfect place for the image land. Stamping sentiment in black was a good decision too.

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful. What a lovely salted background for your daisy. Love it.

Darnell said...

I like your double-decker daisy and the pretty pink salted background, Bon! (It sounds like an order off the menu of a chi-chi restaurant, lol!) And good job getting way to the back of the cupboard! Hugs, Dolly

TK said...

The daisy is perfect over your salted background! What a fun way to add a little yellow to your gorgeous pink background -- love the look, Bonnie

Lisa Elton said...

Those are some pretty daisy stickers, Bonnie! I've never tried the salt technique, but I like the results. Wonderful card!

Cat Craig said...

I love that you combined stickers and a watercolored background piece for your card. Lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

I think this daisy is very pretty and wouldn't dream of taking it apart! Cool background, fabulous use of the colors. This card size comes in handy sometimes!

Bobby said...

Daisies are my favorite flower so of course I love your card, Bonnie. I know my daughter has used the salt technique before and I must try it too. I love the look it gives your background.

Pat said...

I love the pretty background using the pink Colorburst Powder with the added salt which has left this wonderful pattern, and the white double layer daisy with the added yellow centre looks so pretty mounted onto the Hemstitch Rectangular sentiment mat..a wonderful card Bonnie. x

Susan said...

Wonderful salted background, Bonnie. I haven't done one for a long time so must do some soon. So pretty with the lovely flower.

nancy littrell said...

Your salted background is so pretty with your beautiful Daisy flower, Bonnie:-) TFS your beauty:-) Love and Hugs, Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

I know what you mean about not being too keen on a card, the funny thing is it's often those cards that garner the most comments! I must admit I quite like this, with that fabulous background, Bonnie and the gentle dimension of the daisy
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

Your double decker daisy couldn't be prettier Bonnie, and I love, LOVE your salted background! CAS perfection and so glad you shared this beauty with us at Color Hues! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

A salted background is so fun and yours in pink is beautiful! The double daisy looks great with it. I really like how you're using your things up! Do you donate your cards somewhere? I need to be inspired to do that! Thanks for being a regular player at Color Hues!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the daisy with the gorgeous background and colour. x

Nancy said...

Bonnie, Those are some very pretty daisy stickers! You are so good at using various techniques on your cards! I got rid of all of my flowers just recently and probably should have hung on to some. Pretty card. Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

Sandy said...

I love that background Bonnie.
Sandy xx

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Awesome salted background.

Rachelle Oltean said...

What a great technique on a beautiful CAS design! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge!

Vicky Hayes said...

The daisy is fab Bonnie and I think is the exact thing to bring the card alive. Gorgeous background too. Vicky x