Monday, April 29, 2024

Pressed and Stenciled Cosmos

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I think I'm on the right week now!
After being cornfused last week about which week we were on with 
Darnell's I.D.E.A.S, I pulled out another NBUS stencil to
color a pressed design.


The Betterpress Cosmos Backdrop plate is NBUS too and I pressed it a couple of 
different ways.  This first card was a second pull and evidently there was no ink
left on the plate.  It left a nice debossed image though and I was able to line the
stencils up easily.  There are 5 stencils with this set.  I used the same ink for both
layers of the petals and leaves.

After stenciling, I tore a piece of vellum to place the die cut beautiful and 
heat embossed you.


I had also pressed it trying Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink.

I started out with yellow flowers and wasn't happy with the colors.
So I went over them with Distress Marmalade.  Didn't like that either.
Out came the Stampin' Up Tangerine Tango and Old Olive.

Good enough though not great.

This new die set was handy for covering up most of it.

Thanks again, Darnell for inspiring me to get out those stencils.


Challenges:
Just Us Girls #724 - ATG Stencil
Stencil Fun - Use stencils with option of Spring Flowers






Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Betterpress Cosmos Backdrop (Spl)
Ink:   Spun Sugar, Saltwater Taffy, Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage (DI), Encore Gold
Paper:   Betterpress Porcelain, Gold Foil, Vellum, Black, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Yana's Wonderful Scripted Sentiments Die (Spl), Gold EP

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Betterpress Cosmos Backdrop ((Spl), Brushed Calligraphy (Inky Antics)
Ink:  Versafine Clair Morning Mist, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive
Paper:   Betterpress Porcelain, Tangerine Tango, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Mirrored Arch Labels Dies (Spl)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

JoAnn said...

I think they are both great and I love the orange color of the blooms on the second card. The first card is so soft and pretty.

Sandy said...

First card is really quite lovely - the second card is a WOW card. I didn't expect the orange. I don't know what in the heck this Betterpress is but I see that you are having a lot of fun with this system. You post almost every day with a new card. Now that's a lot of cards!!
Sandy xx

HilaryJane said...

I love the orange one, I am sorry that you are not happy with it, but adding that lovely sentiment was a great idea. The first one has such a soft dreamy feel to it. I love the gold sentiment on the vellum. It works so well, but doesn't detract from the lovely background xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

They are both gorgeous, even if you're not happy with one? x

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are lovely, Bonnie. So clever to use the stencil on the pressed piece.

I Card Everyone said...

I love where you landed with these gorgeous 'burnt orange' blooms! I also will be trying it for 'blind pressing' SO pretty!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

I love your cosmos both ways and you must have been very clever in covering up the second card because I see nothing but warm colorful beauty there. The first card with no ink outline opens up a whole new range of possibility with the press plates and stencils. I keep looking and trying to believe it's the same press plate. Gorgeous!

Susan said...

Both are great, even though you weren't that keen on the second one. But you did a great job covering up a lot of it with the die. On the first one, I love the soft colours and the sentiment on the vellum.

Lisa Elton said...

Wow these are beautiful! Love both the light and dark colors. Bravo, Bonnie!

Nstiz said...

WOW! Beautiful! I love the soft, ethereal work on the first card and the bold, striking colors on the second one. You make me want to go out and get one of these. These are both just gorgeous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Both cards are so pretty, Bonnie! Nice job of making it work when things didn't go as planned!!

Bobby said...

What a difference the outline makes, Bonnie. Both cards are terrific and they each have their own with feel.

Pat said...

Two fabulous cards using this Cosmos Backdrop plate Bonnie, and I love the soft pink of the flowers on the first and the orange you ended up with does look wonderful, and it is finished beautifuilly with the lovely large sentiment plate. x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These are both so gorgeous, Bonie, and soooo different. I just love that. They both speak to me beautifully. Thank you for sharing both of these beauties with us at Just Us Girls.

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these are beautiful Bonnie, and that press plate is so pretty I don't think you can go wrong with any color you choose...it will always turn out BEAUTIFUL! I love the look of the first one too with no outline and just the stenciling...it sure softens up the image! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Two gorgeous cards, I love the effect with the first one- it's a type of no line stenciling :)

TK said...

It is beyond me as to why you wouldn't think these are good considering they are GORGEOUS! Love the colors, the plates and definitely the sentiment die on the second card pulled me right in -- love the layering of the sizes!

Darnell said...

You're welcome, Bon! Thank you for playing with me and for always inspiring me, in turn! You carried on and created two brilliant stencil designs! Great job using NBUS, too! Hugs, Dolly 📌

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie, you may not be impressed with your second card, but I think it is beautiful - for what my opinion is worth :)
Blessings
Maxine

Diane said...

Beautiful, beautiful floral cards!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Carol said...

Bonnie, pretty cards and your techniques are great. You will see a card soon (waiting for the challenge to go live) I made using this set. What great results you got and thanks for sharing it here with us at Just Us Girls!!!

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards with the same stencil set, Bonnie. I love how different they look depending on the colours you've used. And it's cool that your betterpress can be used without ink too! Bonus! xx

Vicky Hayes said...

You really are having fun with your betterpress Bonnie! Love the cosmos design and the two very different looks you got with it. The orange colour flowers you ended up with on the second card are beautiful and I love the ethereal look of the first. Vicky x

nancy littrell said...

I love both your betterpress cards, Bonnie:-) TFS your techniques, dear friend:-) Love and Big Hugs:-) Nancy

Trina P. said...

Two different looks, but both look great. Love the softness of the first card.

Darlene said...

Oh My Stars! These are both absolutely beautiful!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power