Saturday, April 27, 2024

Hummingbird Just for Fun

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I am really enjoying my Betterpress.

I wanted to see how it would look with a second pull from the inked plate
and tried it on a piece of Pebble Betterpress paper that came with my starter set.

I didn't think I'd care for the pebble paper, but I've decided that I need to
use it more often.


I am still experimenting with different coloring mediums and this time I went with
Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils.

After coloring the different areas, I blended with a damp waterbrush.

The layout wasn't originally intended.  I was experimenting with an 
Elegant Writer and trying to fill in between the leaves and flowers at the bottom
of the design.  It didn't work like I wanted and I cut off the offending portion.
I'm glad I didn't experiment in the middle!

It turned out to be a happy accident and a challenge to figure out how to use the 
image and not have to throw it all away.




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Hummingbird Nectar Betterpress plate (Alt), Magnolia Ballerina (Alt)
Ink:   Betterpress Black (2nd pull)
Paper:   Betterpress Pebble, Black, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (White, Lt. Lemon, Yellow, Yellow Orange, Khaki Green, Dark Green, Empire Green, Raspberry Red, Dark Carmine), Subtle EF (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful Bonnie. Glad you didn't have to throw it away. I love the angled cuts and your coloring.

I Card Everyone said...

Bravo, Bonnie! What a beautiful save this is! I'm sure Jack would agree you have all the pencils and coloring mediums any card maker could want - AND you use them all so beautifully!!
I'm in love with your sweet little Ruby Throat!
=]

Susan said...

Great recovery from your experiment! The layout is fabulous. The hummingbird is so perfectly coloured - just like the ones at my feeder.

Brenda in IN said...

Your happy accident turned out so beautifully. The design is so eye catching and the coloring so pretty.

Pat said...

This is so pretty with the hummingbird and the flowers Bonnie and I love the shape tapering to the left of the card, and the grey background works well as a background to the wonderful scene. x

Jan said...

Great save and a beautiful design...how FUN to do both at the same time.
Paper Hugs,
Jan

HilaryJane said...

I love that design. It really adds interest and the grey paper looks great. Those colouring pencils have worked really well too. Love it xx

Leslie Miller said...

I love when accidents are as happy as this! How beautiful, Bonnie! Interesting design and lovely coloring!

nancy littrell said...

Oh my!!! Your finished colored hummingbird design turned out Beautifully, Bonnie:-) TFS dear friend...I LOVE every detail:-) Love and Big Hugs and thank you so much for sharing. Nancy

Cat Craig said...

So lovely, glad you didn't give up on the not so great part.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the pebble panel with the angles on crisp white, Bonnie!! I'm addicted to the pebble paper - such a lovely soft color!

Marcia Hill said...

Great save and beautiful card Bonnie! I love your layout...very pretty! You've got my wheels turning now when you said you used a brush to move the color around, and I'm wondering what gamsol would look like on the cotton cardstock...hmmmmmmm?? Lovely, lovely card my friend, and I sure hope my hummers show up soon...I've missed them!! Hugs. :0)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh this is so gorgeous and such a unique design!

Bobby said...

Experimenting can be both fun and frustrating. I'm glad you worked it out and saved that precious portion of your card, Bonnie.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bonnie, you would never have guessed the layout wasn't a planned one :)

TK said...

Congrats, Bonnie, on the save and pretty card! A different layout is always accepted, especially when you get to save the project. Love that you're enjoying playing with your BetterPress -- I wish I could say that I'm playing with mine too...

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Bonnie, despite the opps in the making!
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

Yay you for pushing through, this is wonderful! I can't wait for those little ruby red throats to visit my feeder!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this pretty card and this fabulous layout! What a happy accident! Vicky x

Trina P. said...

I love the layout!… bonus that it was a happy experiment. Beautiful card.