Monday, April 22, 2024

Fragrant Floral in Peach

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm joining Darnell with a stenciled card today.  It's the S in I.D.E.A.S. *

Thanks for the push to use a NBUS stencil, Darnell.


I haven't used a lot of layered stencils.  (Confession: they cornfuse me and I usually
am off on the alignment. ) But I had this kit sitting in my NBUS box since last summer
and this was just the excuse to use it and make one of my daughter's a birthday card.

I couldn't decide on what colors to use until I saw the mood board at
Just Us Girls.  The peach colored sunflower inspired me to use shades of peach.

I embossed a piece of mixed media paper and used blending brushes and ink with the
stencil to color.  I was light handed with the colors and used a damp waterbrush to blend.

When I was finished coloring and it was all dry, I used the die in the set to cut out
the design.  I lined it up in the embossing folder again and ran it through to freshen
up the embossing that got lost with the die cutting.

A few splatters with left over ink and water and a gold die cut sentiment 
with tiny punched gold dots sprinkled around, finished it off.

Challenges:
I.D.E.A.S. - Stencil Week  (Oops! This week is ANYTHING GOES. I'm cornfused after all.)
Just Us Girls - Mood Board (inspired by peach flower)
NBUS #61 - Never Before Used Schtuff (embossing folder and die)
Stencil Fun - Use a Stencil


 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Melon, Cantelope, Peachy, Sherbet, Field (SSS)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other:  Fragrant Florals EF, Stencil and Die (Alt), Let's Have a Word Love (Grtry), Copic Multiliners (.03, .05), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (Brown, Dark Green, Moss Green)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the shades of peach. I just got this set and haven't used it yet, thanks for the inspiration.

Marcia Hill said...

Altenew stencils confuse me too Bonnie...I think it's because they are 3 or 4 parts on one stencil, instead of one part on one stencil. I like the stencils like PFS has with the tick marks to line everything up...much easier! But anyway, you did a fabulous job with this floral image and it is just BEAUTIFUL in all the peach tones! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Add me to the 'cornfused' category, too, when it comes to Altenew's layering stencils! But, Bonnie, you have successfully shown us the way, my friend! This is absolutely beautiful: colors, detail, dimension - aced!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

My mind has a hard time with those layered stencils and also with layered stamps. I just bought a Pinkfresh stamp and stencil and I hope I can master it. This card is gorgeous with that beautiful peach color. You are so good using a waterbrush. The shading is awesome and gives such dimension and life to the flowers.

Bonnie said...

So glad you set your mind to figuring this one out. Lovely!

Vicki Dutcher said...

so glad you were inspired by the colors because this car turned out absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining in JUGS

Bobby said...

I can't believe you don't like layering stencils, Bonnie. I love them and have no trouble lining them up but it does take some finagling. The way you used ink to give a watercolor look to the flowers is beautiful. I'm off to check out this set but not before saying thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Sandy said...

Beautiful - I love the peach color.
Sandy xx

Trina P. said...

Layering stencils is my current favourite product. Your stencilling/ink blending is so dimensional and beautiful. The peachy shades is so pretty.

HilaryJane said...

Feeling confused is the story of my life, so join the club! Your layering stencils have worked well and I really like how you have blended the ink. You wouldn't know that you had used layering stencils. It looks like you have just painted it. It looks great. Your daughter will love it xx

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully put together card, Bonnie. The colors are lovley and the pops of gold go so well with those big blooms.

Nstiz said...

Your coloring gets better and better. I LOVE those colors and this is done so perfectly. This is gorgeous, Bonnie!

Susan said...

You did a great job with the layered stencils, Bonnie! And the colours you used are beautiful! A gorgeous card!

Pat said...

Such beautiful embossed and die cut flowers and colouring using the matching stencil Bonnie, and the gold 'love' die cut sentiment looks really pretty over the top..your daughter will adore this card I'm sure. x

Lisa Elton said...

I see no sign of confusion here, this is amazing! Beautifully done, Bonnie, your daughter will love it!

Carol D. said...

The peach color is perfect! Very beautiful card.

Darnell said...

I'm with everyone else, Bon ~ I think you did a sensational job of blending with your stencils! Your daughter will treasure this one! I really picked up on your unique take on finishing the blending with a damp water brush. It really softens the stencil edges in a way that makes me love stenciling! So thank you for that! And thank you for playing with me and my I.D.E.A.S.📌, no matter what week you think it is!🤣 And, as always, thanks for linking often to NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

TK said...

AMAZING! LoVe all that peach, pretty flowers, embossing and texture -- wow, Bonnie, this is a beautiful card! BTW Peach is a favorite color and definitely my favorite fruit.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautifully done Bonnie! you’ve mastered it! My fave coloured flowers:) Hugs x Jenny

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is absolutely stunning! Your flowers are so pretty and beautiful stenciling. Love the touches of gold, too. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Viv said...

Gorgeous Bonnie! x

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie...This card is absolutely fabulous!!! The way you colored these florals is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing at JUGS this week!

Carol said...

Beautiful coloring and great take on the moodboard Bonnie! Glad you used your NBUS! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Leslie Miller said...

Stop the presses! This is the stenciled card to end all stenciled cards! I can hardly believe my eyes. A damp brush? Well, I never! There aren't enough WOWs in the world to cover this card. Gorgeous colors, everything is amazing!

Christine Alexander said...

Absolutely stunning Bonnie. The colours are so beautiful, it makes me want to go out and buy it. ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely exquisite Bonnie - amazing work. So glad you pursued using this stencil, the result is outstanding.
Blessings
Maxine

Vicky Hayes said...

Peach has never been a favourite colour of mine but I'm loving it at the moment - perhaps Pantone knew what they were doing with Peach Fuzz!! The embossed floral is gorgeous and I can see that a stencil must make colouring it so much easier. A gorgeous design with that little touch of gold. Vicky x

Robyn Oliver said...

Simply beautiful Bonnie, your colouring with the layered stencils is amazing... love it, have a wonderful day, hugs Robyn