Saturday, April 6, 2024

Hello Friend

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have a stack of Betterpress designs waiting to be colored.  It seems like there's
always something else that needs to be done and coloring gets put aside.

With a color choice of peach and green, I had to push life out of the way and
get my brush wet!


It was so much fun coloring this with Arteza Twi-markers.

After coloring the image, I usually  do a wash with blue re-inker.  Since Color Hues 
wants us to use just the two colors and any neutrals the blue was out.

The drop of Brushed Corduroy Distress re-inker in my dish came in handy.  I added a drop
of water to that and using the wet on wet technique, I dropped a bit around the bouquet.

I'd seen that stenciling was a part of a couple of challenges and thought a little random
stenciling with what was left of Brushed Corduroy in a thumb dauber would add some to
the design without making it too busy.

I'm happy with it and I hope you like it too.

Challenges:
Color Hues #84 - Peace and Green
Stencil Fun Challenge - Use a stencil optional theme Spring Flowers
Tic Tac Toe #244 - Middle Row (Spring Colors, Free, Stencil)

  



Card Recipe
Stamps:  A Friend Like You Pressplate (Spl)
Ink:   Betterpress Black, Brushed Corduroy (DOX, RI)
Paper:   Betterpress Porcelain, Kraft
Other:  Arteza Twi-markers (Peach, Sage Green, Lime Green, Caramel Brown), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils, Texture Mesh Stencil (MB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

30 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Bonnie, this turned out SO pretty! Absolutely LOVE the peach and green colors on this press plate and your background is FABULOUS!! Lovely, lovely card and so glad you shared with us at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, this was such a great choice of plates for these colors! Your 'corduroy' washes that background beautifully - and what fun to add that stencil... HELLO: GORGEOUS!
=]

Diane said...

A beautifully designed card and love the light stenciling around the floral!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Bobby said...

I don't like it, I LOVE it, Bonnie. Your coloring is amazing and the added wash and stenciling are the cherries on the bouquet sundae.

Nancy said...

I am happy with it too! It is fantastic! When I come by your blog I think, I am wasting my time with die cuts and I should be coloring. This is just as pretty as can be, Bonnie! The stenciling in the corner was such a brilliant idea. Thanks for making our colors shine at Color Hues and inspiring me in the process. I am in a rut and this may help me get out.

marilyn said...

The stencil background really added to this lovely card!

JoAnn said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Love your coloring of the pretty bloom and the stenciled background is perfect for it.

Karen said...

Thanks for taking up your brush, Bonnie! What a lovely card you've created--the beautiful watercoloring, the shadow wash, and the light stenciling combine so wonderfully! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Carol D. said...

I like the stenciling in the BG. Very nice card.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty plate this is! The wildflowers look fabulous in those colors and I like the bit of stenciling you added. Great job, Bonnie!

LeAnne said...

VERY pretty....I love the colors and the country feel you achieved!

Pat said...

Another pretty colour combination for this challenge, and love the Betterpress plate design you used Bonnie, and the mesh stencilling makes a wonderful background, with a lovely sentiment to finish. x

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad you found some time to do some colouring as this is just fabulous xx

Nstiz said...

I'm in awe of not only your coloring but your fabulous background. The light stenciling and soft wash is the perfect touch for this. Beautiful card!

Cat Craig said...

Bonnie, its gorgeous. Each of your elements - stamp, coloring, background wash and the added partial stenciling is fantastic and add up to gorgeousness.

TK said...

This is SO BEAUTIFUL! Wow, - very pretty, Bonnie

Susan said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! Love the bouquet of flowers, the colours you used, and the stencilling around it.

Darlene said...

Oh my friend this is gorgeous! Your stenciling is perfect and your coloring is amazing! BEAUTIFUL design ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, I absolutely love it! These press plates have some of the most gorgeous images, and you color them so beautifully. I love the bits of wash and stenciling in the background, along with these pretty colors.

Heather said...

So pretty, Bonnie, I love the colours you chose.

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Love the stencilled background.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous coloring on that pressed image, Bonnie! Love the stenciling too!!

Christine Alexander said...

I know what you mean about colouring always to be put off for another day. Beautifully coloured BetterPress images ♥

Cindy Beach said...

Bonnie, I'm enjoying seeing your press plates and how you use them. This beautifully colored floral makes such a lovely card. I especially like the corduroy wash of color and bit of stenciling. Sharing your amazing cards with us at Color Hues makes me happy!

Betty said...

Bonnie - your card is so lovely - CAS yet so many wonderful elements - and it's always so great to see you in our TicTacToe Challenge - thanks for entering your very pretty card! Betty DT

Vicky Hayes said...

Pushing Life aside to get some colouring in is a technique I'm familiar with Bonnie!! How pretty the peach and green combination is - very inspiring. And I love the stenciling for extra impact. Thanks for playing with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

BożenA said...

Mix media card and looks stunning. The coloring of the flowers, the beautiful blurred background and the delicate stenciling create such a beautiful card.
xx

Loll said...

This is so lovely, Bonnie. As always, your colouring is AMAZING. Love this image with the colours from the challenge. And I love your added stenciling. Fabulous! xx

JulieP said...

Your card is gorgeous Bonnie!!! I love how you tied the background in with the floral with your awesome coloring. Thanks so much for your support at Color Hues!

cm said...

Your colouring breathes beautiful life into this floral arrangement, with results that are absolutely gorgeous. WOW in every way! Thrilled you shared this over at Colour Hues; thank you.
~carol