Monday, April 1, 2024

Butterfly Garden

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I had so much fun coloring this card!


A sweet friend sent me some pressings from her Betterpress collection and I have been
squeezing in a few minutes every day to color.  This time I colored with Zigs. 
 I hadn't used them for a long time.

The color really soaks into this paper which is a good thing for rich color,
not so good for lighter colors.  So I swiped some on my palette and picked up
the color with my waterbrush for the lighter shades.

I wondered if my mini slimline dies would fit in the sentiment space and was
happy to see that this one fit well.

I've had this sentiment for many years and rarely find an opportunity to use it.

It was so much fun that I colored another Betterpress image also shared from another friend.
Crafting Friends are the BEST!


This time I colored with Distress re-inkers, markers and inkpads smooshed on a palette.

I'm joining in with Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - First Monday (Ink-Color Mediums), where she has
challenged herself.  It's a good way to get inspired!  I used Zigs and Distress inks.


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Treasure the Moments (HA)
Ink:   Betterpress Black
Paper:   BP Porcelain
Other:  Butterfly Garden Press Plate (Spl), Zigs (29, 26, 47, 46, 50, 52, 303, 37, 82), Mini Slimline Double Stitched Dies (Kat Scrap)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:
Ink: BP Black, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Rustic Wilderness, Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass (Distress)
Paper: BP
Porcelain, Black, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Rose Bouquet Press Plate (Spl), Stitched Rectangles Die (SSS)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Two beautifully colored pieces, Bonnie! Your Zigs were exceptional for adding all this gorgeous, bright, saturated colors! I adore that first plate - must remember to press a few more of those next time we gather!
I saw a few Forsythias blooming yesterday - wish I could say they were in my own yard!
=]

JoAnn said...

Two beautifully colored cards. The colors are so bright on your first card and the sentiment is great. The second card is just as pretty. Yes, it is great to have crafting friends to share with. Have a wonderful week.

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL coloring on both cards Bonnie! Love, LOVE the bold and bright colors on both, and so glad you were able to fit that wonderful sentiment in on the Butterfly Garden card...a perfect sentiment for a perfect card! Coloring on these press plate cards really is SO much fun!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend! Hugs. :0)

BożenA said...

Before I read your post, I was sure that you worked with ready-made color paintings. And it turned out that it was you who colored the Betterpress pictures so beautifully. IM very impressed. I love both cards.
hugs,
BożenA

Sandy said...

Both cards are really pretty but I like he first one the very best! Love the colors Bonnie.
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

Isn't it nice to just sit and color for a while? I have to be careful or time can get away from me. Your coloring is fabulous on both card, Bonnie. I find it easier to use Zigs so it's good to know you can use it on Better Press paper as well as Bristol. I say that knowing I won't be coloring any BP images. ;)

Lisa Elton said...

You've colored these beautifully, Bonnie! Both cards are wonderful. Hope you enjoyed a Happy Easter!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully colored. Those better press pressing are fabulous.

HilaryJane said...

Both these cards are beautiful. Such wonderful colouring and so vibrant. Love them xx

Nstiz said...

I do love seeing your coloring, Bonnie. You are the master of coloring with any media too. Your shading is always spot on and your designs are just super. Outstanding!

Vicky Hayes said...

Two gorgeous cards and absolutely beautiful colouring on each! Vicky x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning cards Bonnie and wonderful colouring!

nancy littrell said...

OMG...I Love Both your Gorgeous colored cards, Bonnie. Thank you for sharing both your stunning cards, dear friend. Love and Big Hugs...Nancy

Susan said...

Your colouring on both cards is incredible, Bonnie. Gorgeous colour choices and wonderful shading.

Darnell said...

You deserve all the wonderful compliments about these stunning cards, Bon! You are such a talented colorist and I love these images and designs! Thank you for getting inky with me this week! Love, Dolly

Ida said...

These are just beautiful. Your coloring is exceptional.

Pat said...

Two gorgeous watercoloured images using these beautiful flowers Bonnie and love the slimline sentiment strip on the first, and the pretty blue with some spattering on the second. x

Loll said...

Amazing watercolouring of both images, Bonnie. Crafting friends are the best! :) xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous cards Bonnie... Love the first with the rich vibrant colours and the lovely watercolouring on the second bouquet ... have a wonderful day hugs Robyn

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, you know how I love color and these are spectacular! Either way, Copics or watercolor, both are superbly done. Beautiful pressed images. Lovely shares from your friends to you to us!

Trina P. said...

Both are beautiful and vibrant. Wonderful watercoloring.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful colouring of the BetterPress images, love the vibrant colours xx

Heather said...

Both are stunning but I love the all over design!