Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Happy Anniversary Leaves

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This week Darnell's I.D.E.A.S is Embossing.
She's come up with this fun way to start off the week with a starting point
for a card.


I've embossed a piece of Black Mixed Media paper and added a bit of
watercolor with Metallic Watercolor Paint to the raised parts.

I thought it made a very dramatic background and added some die cut leaves
over top. I love how the die embosses the leaves as it cuts.


Challenges:




Card Recipe
Stamps:  BP Fancy Sentiment Strips Plate (Spl)
Ink:   
Paper:   Black, Mixed Media, Betterpress Porcelain
Other: Vine Canopy EF (SSS), Metallic Watercolor Paint (Alt), BP Fancy Sentiment Strips Die (Spl), Privet Branch Die (SSS)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

19 comments:

Carol D. said...

A stunning card. The white on black background is soft but adds a lot to the card. Those are nice leaf dies.

I Card Everyone said...

I just adore die-cut leaves, Bonnie! What a beautiful card - who knew they made black mixed-media paper! There you go again - mind blown!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card. x

clelie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!☺️

Susan said...

You're right - that is a dramatic background! Love it with the metallic paint on it. The leaves look perfect against it.

JoAnn said...

Very dramatic background in black with the metallic paint over the raised areas. I love it. The leaves are perfect with the embossed images and I love the sentiment. Great card.

Vicky Hayes said...

You're right about dramatic Bonnie and there's also such a lot of depth to the background! The cluster of leaves looks wonderful against it. Vicky x

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...dramatic AND beautiful Bonnie! That black background is gorgeous and I love the way the leaves POP off of it! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Pat said...

The metallic paints and embossing used over the black background look so pretty Bonnie, and the added die cut leaves in green and white with the black twine across the top of the card look great..a beautiful anniversary card. x

Lisa Elton said...

I don't know what I like better the pretty leaves in the foreground or the pretty leaves in the background! Oh, who am I kidding, I like them all! Fabulous card, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

Simply Beautiful background and foreground leaves on your gorgeous HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CARD DEAR FRIEND:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

TK said...

Wow! Bonnie, this is spectacular with the bold black background, shimmery colors and those beautifully die cut & embossed leaves! This is so beautiful, and your pieces blend together like magic.

Darnell said...

I agree, Bon, this is a really stunning dramatic background! And you know how I love trees and leaves, so the focal leaves are the perfect choice! Thank you for playing with me!📌 Hugs, Dolly

Brenda in IN said...

This is stunning. I love the background, it's so elegant. The die cut leaves are dramatic over it.

Cat Craig said...

wow this is beautiful. love the drama.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Lovely card, the dark background really makes an impact! Love it, thanks so much for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

Leslie Miller said...

Such a beautiful embossing folder and deeply etched leaves! One is just as graceful and amazing as the other, but together they're spectacular!

Trina P. said...

Striking and dramatic and gorgeous! Love the metallic paints on the raised areas. I guess we were on the same color combo dramatic wavelength. 😉

Nstiz said...

You captured my attention with that beautiful and innovative background! What a great take on this challenge. It’s perfect for your die but etched leaves. LOVE this!