Monday, April 15, 2024

Red Poinsettia

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Today's card came from my UFO box.  It was from this calendar page.
I'm not sure if it was from the actual calendar or if it was a test piece.
It's been in there for a long time.


I didn't like the colors and with nothing to lose, I decided to color over it with my
Ohuhu markers to see if I could improve it.  I was glad I did.

I added some gold foil mini dots to the center and some gold splatter and
a sentiment from the stash.

The background piece had been set aside because I got overzealous with splatters.
I decided it wasn't so bad if I covered most of it up.  

Another Christmas card added to my stash.

Challenges:
ABC Christmas - I is for Inky
Jingle Belles - Use something recycled (calendar page)
Krafty Chicks - Christmas week
Peace on Earth #61 - STG  optional mood board below

 
  



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Red Delight (PB), Easy Holiday Expressions (Ton)
Ink:   Versafine, Scattered Straw, Festive Berries, Peeled Paint)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil, Real Red
Other:  Ohuhu Markers (R4, R7, R8, G1, G2, GY3), Gold Color Shine (Heidi Swapp)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

25 comments:

Nstiz said...

WOW! Love that deep, rich red! This is beautiful, Bonnie. I did laugh at the “overzealous spatters” but think they are the perfect addition. I can’t believe you had this gem hidden! Love this stamp, too!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Bonnie, I'm so happy you persevered through the doubt - it's a gorgeous classic red Poinsettia! Can there be too many spatters? Nah! 'Tis the season!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous card, love the deep red and gold. x

Carol D. said...

Good use of a piece you didn't like and found a way to use it.

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! The coloring on your beautiful flower is stunning - love it!

Marcia Hill said...

Artsy and just STUNNING with all that deep red and gold Bonnie...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

You pulled it out, worked your magic, and now it's a wonderfully beautiful Christmas card!

Bobby said...

You resurrected that poinsettia in such a beautiful way, Bonnie.

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, Bonnie, Jo x

Sandy said...

Beautiful -red and gold - so elegant!
Sandy xx

HilaryJane said...

I don't know what it looked like before, but it looks amazing now. It is so nice to use something that has been lying around for a while. This looks amazing and such brilliant splatter too xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great find in the UFO box, Bonnie - love your vibrant poinsettia!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the deep red you've given this pretty poinsettia! Wonderful card, Bonnie!

TK said...

Out of ashes came a beautiful card! So glad you didn't scrap a thing because this is really pretty, Bonnie

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful red, green and gold Poinsettia Christmas card, Bonnie. Thank you so much for sharing. Love and hugs...Looking forward to your many beautiful Christmas cards:-) Happy Holidays...Nancy

Lia said...

This poinsettia is just amazing. What a great image!
Lia DT POE

Heather said...

You achieved a gorgeous red with your over colouring! Lovely card, Bonnie.

Susan said...

That is a gorgeous poinsettia, Bonnie - love the gold mini dots on the focal panel, the gold border, and the white splatters on the card base. It all ties together so well.

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Bonnie! This is a lovely poinsettia card! I love all of the additions you made to it and the gold accents really bring it to life! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge! PS - Nancy and I met for lunch last month and she mentioned that the two of you had gotten together in the past for some crafty sessions! The three of us should get together! I think about you every time we eat at Big Mike’s - I think you mentioned once that you lived close by! Take care! Rachelle

Christine Alexander said...

striking red poinsettia, I love the deep red ♥

Trina P. said...

Great save! It’s so beautiful.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

SmilynStef said...

I love how you upcycled your recycle with your markers ... and the gold spatter is perfection ... so glad you joined us for our Earth Day celebration at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

What a gorgeous holiday card and a fab job of improving and up-cycling! Massive BONUS POINTS for the fact that your recycled calendar page is from a calendar you MADE!!! ♥ So happy you could join our creative celebration of Earth Day at Jingle Belles!

Lynda said...

Just stunning Bonnie - stunning. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge again xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT