Friday, April 5, 2024

Flutter into Spring

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I was able to get two for one with this pressing of Spellbinders' 
Flutter Into Spring.


When I pressed it I placed the sentiment in what turned out to be an awkward place.

I went ahead and colored the images using my Arteza Twi-markers.  I was so pleased with 
the way these markers worked on the Betterpress paper.

I die cut the panel bypassing the hummingbird and sentiment.

The dots are Nuvo Crystal drops and the design is placed on an embossed background.

Since the hummingbird was all colored, he needed to be put on a card too.


After I carefully fussy cut him, I remembered that there is a die for the 
hummingbird included in this set.

I knew that Can You Handle the Pressure was looking for birds so I looked in my 
box of embossed backgrounds and found this weathered embossing that was a
perfect size.  And when looking for something to mat the design on, I found
a piece all embossed in the drawer.  (I have these things stashed everywhere!)

The flowers were die cut from Hotpress paper and I found that the Arteza
markers didn't blend as well on this paper.  The flowers were really bright.
So I watered down a bit of Gesso and painted it over the flowers.

Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - Embossing Folder with twist of  BIRDS

 



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Flutter into Spring Pressplate (Spl)
Ink:   BP Black
Paper:  Betterpress Porcelain, Black, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Arteza Twi-markers (Fuchsia, Periwinkle, Lemon Yellow, Moss Green, Olive Green), Essential Arches Dies (Spl), Dimensional Diamonds 3D EF (Spl), Nuvo Drops (Black), Black Twine (FSJ)

Card Recipe  (Card 2)
Stamps:  Flutter Into Spring Pressplate (Spl), It's Your Day Pressplate (Spl)
Ink:   BP Black
Paper:   BP Procelain, Natural (MFT), Watercolor (Arches Hot Press) 
Other:  Sealed Wildflowers Die (Spl), Arteza Twi-markers (Fuchsia, Moss Green), Gesso, Stripes 3D EF (SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A beautiful save, my friend! And you fussy cut that little hummer out so perfectly, Bonnie - you didn't need the die!
Two wonderful cards with lots of gorgeous flowers!
=]

JoAnn said...

I agree with Michele, a beautiful save on both cards. Love your coloring on the first one with those beautiful blooms. Glad you saved the hummingbird for your love second card too.

Diane said...

Both cards are beautifully created, glad you could so cleverly save your cards, totally worth it!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane TB, CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

colleen said...

you have ben very busy spring in your step

Bobby said...

You keep this up, Bonnie, and those things stashed here and there will all be used up. They worked great behind the hummingbird you 'saved'. And the gesso toned down the flowers beautifully. The other card is gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

Two for one, you can't beat that! Great save, Bonnie these are both lovely and your fussy cutting skills are out of this world!

Cat Craig said...

Two for ones are fabulous, and better too if you can save a panel. Lovely cutting on that hummingbird and your coloring is fabulous on all.

HilaryJane said...

Fabulous cards, it is always a bonus to get 2 for 1 xx

Leslie Miller said...

Stunning! Oh, my goodness, the color is so rich and you've done such a stellar job with it! Both cards are lovely. I can see how you achieved a softness with your watered down gesso on your second card. Gosh, I know what you mean about things stashed everywhere. I'm sure there's a method to your madness.

Pat said...

Two fabulous makes and the flowers and bluebells are so prettily coloured on the first Bonnie, and love the added twine and Nuvo drops, and then the hummingbird looks beautiful on the second, and the white gesso has softened the look of the flowers you added, and the embossed backgrounds are both really lovely. x

Marcia Hill said...

Gotta love when you can get two cards from one panel and such a great save too...both cards are simply STUNNING Bonnie! I'll have to remember the tip to lighten up color with gesso too...all your flowers are gorgeous and that hummer is AWESOME! Great job fussy cutting him too, and I did get a chuckle about you finding the die after you'd cut him out! Sounds like something I'd do!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Kudos! Both cards are amazing, Bonnie, and it always feels good to be able to "save" something and reuse it. Really pretty coloring, and great news on you finding a great paper for your Artezas

nancy littrell said...

Both your cards turned out beautifully, Bonnie:-) Thank you so much for sharing both finished cards, my friend. Love and hugs...Nancy

Vicky Hayes said...

Both of these are beautiful Bonnie and I love that the awkwardly placed sentiment just sent you in a different direction! I really like the 'edge' the black gives the feminine image on the first card. What a great tip for toning down brights that are a little too bright too! Vicky x

Loll said...

Always a bonus when you can get two cards from one stamping/pressing. Both cards are so lovely and perfect for this time of year. Your colouring is always amazing, Bonnie! xx

Darlene said...

OMG these are GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Trina P. said...

Both beautiful! Gorgeous colouring. Love the bright colours.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

BożenA said...

These flowers are so incredibly colorful, Bonnie. I love their vibrant colors. The unusually shaped black frame beautifully displays them. The second card is spring-like with that sweet, shimmering hummingbird.
xx

Christine Alexander said...

two gorgeous cards, love the better press images ♥