Friday, April 12, 2024

Bright Blossoms

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I am loving the colors that Cindy chose for Color Hues #84, Peach and Green.


I was going through some of my dies a while back and found this die that I'd forgotten about.
So I put it in my "need to use" pile.  These colors worked perfectly for it.

I had the outline already cut from white cardstock in the envelope and cut another
from a scrap of mixed media paper, keeping the inside pieces intact.

I love coloring die cuts and one of my favorite ways to do it is sitting on a piece of
mixed media paper so my over-wash gives me a perfectly colored background.

I used the left over watered ink for splatters and let it all dry.

I snipped off the flowers from the white die cut and glued over the base piece.

The sentiment is from my favorite Betterpress sentiment set.



Challenges:
Color Hues #84 - Peach and Green
The Flower Challenge #90 - Add Layers (2 layers for the flowers, frame and sentiment)
Seize the Birthday #281 - Any Color and Green

  







Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fancy Sentiment Strips Pressplate (Spl)
Ink:   BP Black, Peach Parfait, Certainly Celery re-inkers (SU)
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), BP Porcelain, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Bright Blossoms Die, Essential Arches Dies, Betterpress System (Spl)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

Nstiz said...

Beautiful! Love those colors and LOVE that floral die. What a brilliant idea to sponge the die cut and use the background with the ink on it. This is just gorgeous, Bonnie!

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, those little blooms are so sweet - and your 'over coloring' did make a pretty background with your perfect splatters!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Those colors are perfect for flowers and I love your die cut flower and the way you colored in over the background panel for extra color. Your splatters are perfect

Cindy Beach said...

Bonnie, I always love coming to your blog to see your beautiful cards. This one is certainly no exception! I love how you used the dies, and your spatters and soft wash are so pretty. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues! I know you are a regular and we appreciate your support.

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad that you have used that die. This is gorgeous and I love how you did that background, such a clever idea. Great splatters too xx

Lisa Elton said...

Those were the perfect colors for your lovely flowers! I like the shaped card too!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this color combo and it's wonderful how you brought all the parts together for your card. The arch is beautiful, your background, coloring method... all gorgeous!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the delicate look of this arched beauty Bonnie! Vicky x

Pat said...

This arched shape card is a really pretty way to show off the beautiful die cut flower Bonnie, and love the watercolouriong and added spattering and finished with just a simple sentiment. x

Colleen said...

Bonnie, I loved that color Combo too! And it was fantastic that you could also use it for Seize the Birthday!! I love the shape and all the splatters and your flower! Another magnificent card, friend! Thanks for playing with STB too!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty blossoms, Bonnie and I love how you've framed them with the arches!!

Bobby said...

This is so lovely with the white outline and over paint background, Bonnie. I love the shape too.

TK said...

What a lovely card, Bonnie, I too love the color choice and you've used it beautifully!
Next? Me getting some of these awesome BP sentiments! lol

Karen said...

It's a fabulous card, Bonnie! I loved reading how you colored the die cuts and got the background in the process--one to try for sure. The arched card and beautiful sentiment are the perfect combination. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

I feel as if I never see the same supplies from you twice, Bonnie! Which means you have quite a collection of florals of all kinds. This is just lovely as always. I think arched cards are so attractive. Thanks for being with us at Color Hues.

Marcia Hill said...

What a pretty die cut Bonnie and you've used it beautifully with our challenge colors! Your background and the arched card base really show off this lovely, lovely flower too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues and we're thrilled you love the color choices Cindy made so much that you wanted to play again! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

So lovely and soft! Fabulous card design with the arched shape and the framing. Great splatters and watercolour wash around the flowers.

Stef Perry said...

A darling card for sure, Bonnie! The arch shape and your beautiful watercoloring is just wonderful. Love the touch of splatter and the arch framing as well. Thanks for sharing with us at both Color Hues and The Flower Challenge!

Hannelie said...

Oh Bonnie!

This is so beautiful ! I love the softness with the diecut! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty Card! The peach and green just go perfectly together. Thanks for joining in at STB.

Laurie Unger said...

How pretty! Those colors are so wonderful together. Thanks for sharing this over at the Flower Challenge. -Laurie DT

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, the arched shape is so pretty. TFS the tip on coloring and the overwash too! Thankyou for joining in at STB, Cathy x

Trina P. said...

So pretty in peach!